ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust mounts

Skoda Fabia VRS
Right, so mine are shot and I'm needing new ones.

ab60ddbdbd.jpg

0bba6e8666.jpg

Just wondering what the best way forward is. I assume this is the correct OEM replacement part 'http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-C...851?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3f4882f9e3', but I have also heard of people using the Powerflex EXH008 'http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PAIR-UNIV...MEROUS-CARS-/231490021265?hash=item35e5e16791'. What's my best choice? I'm assuming the OEM replacement, but then iirc the Powerflex rubber is stronger?

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
I have the powerflex mounts ready to fit to some exhaust hangers, supposedly stronger and won't wreck itself on a speed bump, time will tell, I've had them sitting around for ages and need to get my finger out

clio 172
I have the same problem what a stupid cheap design they need to be a solid bush, Prima Racing do one which is a solid bush design but they are £45 on ebay

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah mine are knackered, it passed it's mot so I'm just gunna bodge it I think.

If you have a search on here there's a thread showing pictures of people that used a different powerflex mount .

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
new standard mounts are 12 quid each and I got 2 powerflex mounts for about 12 pound, I'm just lazy but I'll get them on asap, all you need for it are bushes, mounts, a 12mm drill bit and some cable ties,and a Stanley knife to trim the bushes to size

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
i had the powerflex done on my mount on my 172 as the scorpion exhaust was heavy,it worked a treat

I got tired of replacing this little dude. Steel has stopped the knocking over speed bumps with the slight side effect of making the exhaust roughly TWICE AS LOUD! :D
a336b71adb4de3824ae8a57143207e1b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

If only there were some sort of solution with a nice, compliant polyurethane one....?

:D
There is, I filled the lower gaps of mine with RTV. There is no extra vibration and it's been on there for 7 years so far and still good.

Attachments

• Rear Exhaust Hanger.jpg
    Rear Exhaust Hanger.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 148