ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust Mounts

Hi Guys,

Looked at my exhaust last weekend and it's full of cracks, I'm thinking a contributing factor could be the powerflex mounts for the rear box.
Would I be alright using ECP's own brand of exhaust mounts or do I need to pay extra and go for genuine?

Thanks
Simon

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
The ECP one's suck balls,
I bought a rear hanger and within a week it had fully collapsed to the point the exhaust was hanging lower than it was before.

M2 Comp
The exhaust mounts from GSF are meant to be ok according to Fred/BTM (haven't tried them myself). Having said that, unless you get a discount, there no cheaper than genuine mounts from Adam.

Don't touch the cheap eBay mounts, they will last five minutes max!

I bought a cheap backbox from ECP and one or their mounting brackets.

The backbox was too tall so knocked on the heatshield. The fact the mount was horse s**t was a blessing because it soon failed and gave me the required clearance to stop the knocking. Cashback.