ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust mounts

PH1 Track Car
i dont know about anyone else but im sick of the poor design renault exhaust mounts which are prone to sagging
all they do is make your exhaust hang too low and bounce up and down over every bump!
but i also dont want to have to pay £70 for a set of competition solid exhaust mounts!

i took it upon myself today to create my own solid exhaust mounts using the knackered original saggy renault ones :)
here are some pics of after i just finished them;

View attachment 62630View attachment 62631

the compound that i have used should hold the exhaust mounts in place solid, whilst also leaving some room for play so that the exhaust doesnt become noisy

im now going to give them a while to go off and then they will be going on the car for a test :) ill let you know how this goes!
if they are successful and a lot of people are interested in them for themselves, then i may start making them for other forum users
i will do this by using your own old exhaust mounts, or alternatively i may be able to supply the mounts myself

i would appreciate it if you could all give me your opinion on what you think, and let me know whether you would be interested
this way i can gauge whether it will be worth me starting to make more for other people :)

thanks
ash

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
That is the worst pikey mod I have ever seen.

You can press universal PowerFlex mounts into the standard hanger for a few quid.

Pikey as f**k.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
If it works who cares if it looks s**te :) plus it's cheap so win win :)

Edit: Didn't see you offered to make them anyone can do these tbh.

Last edited:
  Arctic Blue 182ff
Just done the same to mine, although I did it to new ones off eBay (£9/each). Offering to make them though is a little odd, surely everyone is capable of squirting some tiger seal into it themselves?

Mine is loads better, has stopped rattling and should last 10x longer.

PH1 Track Car
That is the worst pikey mod I have ever seen.

You can press universal PowerFlex mounts into the standard hanger for a few quid.

Pikey as f**k.

its not pikey as f**k as you described it, its a cheap fix to a well known problem
if youve got nothing good to say then dont say it? all im trying to do is help other clio owners!

the reason i offered to make them is that a lot of people cant be bothered to do it themselves or might not have even thought of it!
thats why i asked for opinions on whether it would be a good idea or not
obviously people think not :p!

but yea for anyone who hasnt tried it i will let you know how well it works :)

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
I used a EXH 010 but in yellow and not red as they are now. I cut it down so I had the long end. Then drilled a hole in the middle just big enough for the exhaust hanger.

Then I used some WD-40 and a vice to bang it in and some wire to make sure it wouldn't move (even though it won't any way).

PH1 Track Car
tbh i dont see the issue with any way to fix the problem as long as it works well!
why does it matter how "pikey" it may seem to other people if its never seen and all it is doing is holding your exhaust in the right place?
tigerseal is just the job!