ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust manifolds [emoji849]

172cup 182cup
Bought a RB 197 project, mot failure main thing been the manifold issue. Lost with which way to go really, I don’t want to go down the toyo sport route and they don’t seem to have any in stock anyway? What about the Tony Banks repair job? I can do the work myself on our ramp at work. Maybe even repair myself. I know there a lot of posts about this issue. Has anyone recently fitted a toyo? Are they really that crap? Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 RS200
Bought a RB 197 project, mot failure main thing been the manifold issue. Lost with which way to go really, I don’t want to go down the toyo sport route and they don’t seem to have any in stock anyway? What about the Tony Banks repair job? I can do the work myself on our ramp at work. Maybe even repair myself. I know there a lot of posts about this issue. Has anyone recently fitted a toyo? Are they really that crap? Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just had mine done, right pain the in the ring.

Wouldn’t bother with a standard manifold repair personally, the flexi’s will just go again due to the s**t design. And the chore of getting it off and on you might aswell upgrade? (At least that’s what I told my missus)

I went predator from Kam racing (no flexi) , and it still had to be drilled out/manipulated to fit properly (at £600 I did expect nicer welding too if I’m honest) sounds decent though and doesn’t knock on the subframe at all.

Apparently the best fitting one is the KTEC item.

There’s no cheap way round it fella unfortunately

DaveL485

ClioSport Club Member
  21T, 9T, Meglio, V6
After assessing options I decided i'd just replace the OE ones. Whatever you do its a faff around tbh, shocking design from Renault.