ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust manifold.

Clio rs 200 cup
Hi,
As some are already aware I purchased a 200 RS last month. I was aware that the garage that sold it had to repair the exhaust before selling it to me (I heard the vehicle running and it was blowing spectacularly). I collected it later that week after being assured it was fixed.

I then immediately went to work (I currently work overseas) and on return after driving for a day I wasn't convinced it was fixed after inspecting the exhaust I can see how they attempted to repair!
20170518_125744.jpg

As you can see they just used 2 clips!
Just wondering if anyone has any advise on where I stand?
Chris.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
Take it back, tell them to fix it properly.

They don't want to because it's a manifold off job to sort.

Clio rs 200 cup
I'm currently waiting to hear back from their customer services. The question is do I get them to replace the whole manifold or just replace the flexi's?

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
I'm currently waiting to hear back from their customer services. The question is do I get them to replace the whole manifold or just replace the flexi's?

Just the flexi's is usually fine as long as the manifold is checked for cracks. I can't see them wanting to stump up for a manifold, aren't they about £1k?

Clio rs 200 cup
I'm unsure as whenever I search for an oem manifold it just gives me aftermarket parts. Fingers crossed it will get sorted. I have the car with Mick from Diamond motors on Tue so I'll have to be noisey until after that!

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
Is it going to Mick to be fixed? Have the garage you bought it from been made aware of the problem? You need to give them opportunity to fix it otherwise you'll have to pay.

Clio rs 200 cup
No it's off to Micks for the timing belt and service. Still waiting to hear from the garage I bought it off, however their customer service is laughable. I need to use the vehicle next Mon to get me to Belgium for work.

Clio rs 200 cup
Every day would be pushing it. :tonguewink:
Just going there for the month then back. Well fingers crossed, all depends on if the exhaust gets fixed in time? :spanner::coldsweat:

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
You can get new flexis put in place. A lot of people go for the ToyoSport mani to help eradicate the problem but will need some slight modifications to stop it banging on the subframe iirc.

Clio rs 200 cup
I have looked at the KTec manifold but first I want to see what the garage will do. Since buying it I'm a little disappointed with the car. It has a few problems and on closer inspection has had both rear quarters re-sprayed badly with rust coming through on the inside of one arch. Again im happy to have this rectified but just mad about the exhaust bodge job fix originally. A good used car is hard to come by these days. 🙈