ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust issues

clio 172 cup
The standard backbox has slipped around on my 172 cup again so it keeps hitting the floorpan.
I have tightened it up about half a dozen times but it still keeps slipping.

The trouble is the back box and centre section where they join over the rear beam, are the same diam pipe.
They butt up to each other then a 6 inch long pipe goes over these to join the two. This has a flange on it with one bolt to tighten in the middle.

Done up as tight as poss, the thing still manages to twist.

Any ideas how to stop this?

Cheers, Darren

clio 172 cup
can you get some clamps to slide over each end to hold it tighter mate?

I thought about that and it could be an option.
Would have to remove the joining piece and grind away the flange on each side to make room for the clamps.

But that def sounds do able.

Any idea what diam clamp? 54mm??

Cheers, Daz

53 Clio's & counting
yea i would guess at 54, any plans to mod the car mate? and hows ur exhaust lasting? as they never last long lol

clio 172 cup
yea i would guess at 54, any plans to mod the car mate? and hows ur exhaust lasting? as they never last long lol

Standard apart from 205 45 16 Paradas and Eibachs.
I'm happy with that.
I prefer the standard look.

Not sure on the exhaust but its done me 18 months so far as I have had the car. I suspect its a bit older too, but on 99600 miles its rusting from the outside in!

Daz

clio 172 cup
not bad going mate only 17k and you will be up with me!

That wont take long at the rate I'm going
LOL

Bought it from a girl who used it for business.
She managed to do 40k in a year, and 12k of that in only 2 months!

Thats some serious motorway mileage for anybody!

Daz