ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust hanger problems

Corolla T-Sport
I bought a ktec exhaust system and went about trying to fit it myself...
With a lot of swearing the old exhaust came off and I have managed to fit the ktec centre pipe from the cat. However the back box is proving a nightmare, for a start the rear exhaust hanger is different, can this OEM hanger be adjusted to face the other way? If not what hanger do I need? Also I am having a nightmare trying to remove it, the bolt is completely seized i've used all the tools I have available to have a go at it (air line included) but no luck. Any advise for this too? I apologise for the pictures as my iPhone camera is broken, but hopefully you get the idea.
11091343_1031494130212550_311178695_n.jpg
11128635_1031494096879220_1621106902_n.jpg
11131841_1031494166879213_1922003110_n.jpg

CursedTitanium 182FF
Where in the Shire are you?
Looks like you may need to swap to an RS hanger which I do have a spare one with a poly bush in, or bend your arm so it is straight.

One of these, but mine is in red.
P2010011.jpg

Corolla T-Sport
@1812lsd Oh not too far then! I don't have the tools at my disposal to bend the arm haha. How much would you want for that hanger? and do you have the tools to get the old one off? Sorry to be cheeky

CursedTitanium 182FF
Are you out of the wet? I don't mind popping over to have a gander. I'm not 100% it will fit, I don't have a gas torch sorry but I do have a big bar.
Do you have a drill and drill bits in case it snaps and some spare bolts?

Corolla T-Sport
@1812lsd I'm in a garage, but there is little access to the underside of the car as it's only on axel stands. We do have a drill with various attachments. The bolt is beginning to loose it's shape therefore i'm struggling to get a ratchet or spanner to grip. And as for the bolt, there is a random bolt drawer which is likely to have one to fit. The other issue is I don't have a clamp for attaching the backbox to the centre pipe, this is proving more hassle than it's worth haha!

small world I'm in dorrington and have a blow torch if any good. I changed hangar last week! 1 bolt snapped, and 2 came off. I just drilled new hole instead of drilling out bolt as the hanger can slide.

Corolla T-Sport
small world I'm in dorrington and have a blow torch if any good. I changed hangar last week! 1 bolt snapped, and 2 came off. I just drilled new hole instead of drilling out bolt as the hanger can slide.
Oh really, how weird is that. It's ok I managed to sort the exhaust now it's just the cutout to sort now. Cheers anyway