ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust for power

Hi all

whats everyone's opinion on best exhaust for power
dont care what it sounds like or how loud as it will be going on a race car

thanks matt

clio 182

At the moment I have a scorpion system with 2 back boxes that registers at 83 db at one track and 85 at another so I think there is plenty of room for a more free flowing exhaust

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
You'll have the RS192 fitted then.

You can run two tailpipes off one central silencer at the back and you won't need a centre silencer. The standard cat is a sports cat but the olive joint is a restriction so you can do the sleeve mod to be rid of that.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I think you will struggle to find a better one for power TBH, as although the two boxes are heavy and for that reason I would get rid of it for a single box system they are quite free flowing and each one only needs to allow half the gas through of course as they are in parellel.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Although it's a 172 with a decat, I've just taken my oreca off and put a Ktec system on mine, and being honest I have noticed no difference in speed/acceleration. Alot quieter now though.

Maybe different on a race car but is it actually going to make THAT much of a difference?

Best to go custom, and if you go the right place they will even do away with the crap exhaust mounts and make their own to work with the exhaust .

i recently had mine done , 2.5 bore with a similar back box to Fred's btm exhaust but mines isn't visible ;)

i think theres a great increase in power from 4500 rpm