ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust Fitting Kit

Clio 182
Hi all,

looking at upgrading my exhaust system from the standard blowing one, just got a couple of questions.

My standard one snapped between the cat and the middle box, so my friend and his grinder cut that section out and replaced it with a straight bit of pipe......i'm looking at replacing from cat back as cant be arsed with swapping it over all the time for mot. Will this cause me probs when i get a new system as i obviously dont have the join where the clamp goes?

Also if the cat has to come off, the bolts that are holding the cat to the downpipe are rather rusty, renault told me its about £80 for the kit that includes these bolts! i've found this, just checking if these are the correct bolts/bits n pieces..... http://www.northwestperformance.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=155#

cheers everyone

The new system fitting will depend on if you have chopped off the flanged join on the original cat. This will determine if you need a new system with a centre pipe that has a straight end or a flared end.

If you have chopped the flange joint off the cat and welded a straight pipe in place, you may be best off just sourcing a back box to fit on the end of the straight pipe. Someone like AAS (oop north) or Prospeed (Dawwwn Sauf... Wales I think lol) should be able to sort you out with a good quality 182 back box that matches the diameter of the straight pipe you have.

If it is just a straight bit of pipe that doesn't have any affect on the joint then you can buy pretty much any system...

Sorry if that is not clear, made sense in my head when I wrote it lol!

Clio 182
right ok i'll go renault for the kit then, cheers fred.

I think i get you Wick lol. Basically the section from the cat, that then goes to the clamp, and then into the middle box, all I have there is a straight piece of pipe from the cat, straight into the box.
And i'm in the mansfield mate, if anybody on here can recommend a company round my neck of the woods

Clio 182
will do mate, not worth buying twice.

Regarding the exhaust system folks, i was interested in the scorpion rs192 system....will i have problems fitting this due to the state of my current system?

I have the RS192. The centre section fits with a flange joint from the cat back or if you decat, manifold back.

Clio 182
Right, well I'll still be running my cat......but its the pipe that comes out the other end that we cut off i.e I have no clamp/joint . Dont suppose you know how I could fit it do you? Was thinking of taking the cat off and getting my mate to weld me a piece back in, but with the flare so I can clamp the new system onto that?

whats the RS192 like? I want some noise but I go on the motorway mon-fri so dont want it to be too intrusive.