ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust blowing!

RB 182 cup,astra sri
My exhaust is blowing at the joins into bother rear boxes! Not too bad at the moment but starting to hear it more and more. The MOT place but gum sealant around them when it was MOTd in March but its not holding anymore. Cant afford to get a new exhaust yet as all my money is going towards saving for a new house and the mrs would be raging at me spending 500 for a new system right now!

Are the standard exhausts stainless? It looks it anyway but just probably a poor grade? Will i be able to take it somewhere to have it welded to do me till i get the cash for a new one?

Definitely set on an rs192 system but will prob get a custom place to replicate the design so i know its a perfect fit, when i do go to replace it!

Clio 197
My exhaust is blowing at the joins into bother rear boxes! Not too bad at the moment but starting to hear it more and more. The MOT place but gum sealant around them when it was MOTd in March but its not holding anymore. Cant afford to get a new exhaust yet as all my money is going towards saving for a new house and the mrs would be raging at me spending 500 for a new system right now!

Are the standard exhausts stainless? It looks it anyway but just probably a poor grade? Will i be able to take it somewhere to have it welded to do me till i get the cash for a new one?

Definitely set on an rs192 system but will prob get a custom place to replicate the design so i know its a perfect fit, when i do go to replace it!

mine is blowing too - its a pattern part and i have tried sealing it at the backbox 3 times already (including high temp silicone). The 172/182 systems are mild steel as standard - good idea on the welding, i might go down that route.

If you use crappy exhaust paste, give high temp silicone a try - its supposed to be superior.

Z4 Coupe
Mine was blowing on a weld too. Not long after, I opened her up and pop. No longer blowing, it was a complete split. I chucked a Yozza on:) But seriously get it somwhere to see what they can do before its to late;)