ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust Blowing = MOT Failure??

As above, if part of your exhaust is blowing slightly, would this be a MOT failure??

My standard centre section has a few very small holes where it is blowing at the moment. I am trying to decide which exhaust system to go for. If I go for an Oreca, it'll mean changing back to standard for the MOT, due to it being a manifold-back system, so if that is the case MOT wise, I don't want to have to fork out extra to buy an exhaust to fit for a week a year.

If this is the case, ill have to go with the Yozza/JP system, as it'll make things simpler, although I wanted a smaller tailpipe.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
yes depending on how bad/how friendly your mot tester is

i had a small leak in my centre section last year and he passed it because it was tiny and he knew id get it replaced anyway.

emissions struggled even with that small hole anyway tho ;)

172 cup
buy my scorpion, problem solved :)

As said depends how bad it is. If it's a pin hole you should be fine any more then that then no no

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
it's a fail if it looks like it will fall of due to corrosion. Emissions wise, if it's blowing it's likely to fail so you can paste up a small hole

172 cup
ha good point forgot about the 182, 182 is going soon and the cups no more :( sad times

Just to clarify the exhaust im selling is a mint 172 scorpion

It has about 4-5 pin holes in the centre section. The back box has already been replaced.

I want to get the Oreca system, but as that'll fail on MOT, I want to make sure my standard will pass. Can they be welded up? I'm sure my brother could pikey weld it.

I think, from when I had it checked at a local garage, they we're dotted across the section, so that wouldn't be an option I guess.
:(

Should I just man up and get a JP? I really do prefer the Oreca system, as I want the small tailpipe, rather than a 3".

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Get a load of coke cans/beer tins, cut the tops and bottoms off and put a slice down them. Cover in exhaust paste and jubilee clip in place. Sorted.

/Properpikey

TT 225+
Get a load of coke cans/beer tins, cut the tops and bottoms off and put a slice down them. Cover in exhaust paste and jubilee clip in place. Sorted.

/Properpikey

thats what my dad did with his, apart from the use of a tin of baked beans instead lol