ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust advice please!

Need a new cat back for my 172 cup :)

Already have Ktec janspeed decast fitted, been looking into my options i have been considering a powerflow custom system (burnley outfit) which is 2.25" including a silenced centre section for £275 fitted. Good price? Been told the burnley one is a good outfit as i know they can be hit and miss...

Anyone had any experience and most of all is there any benefit of having a 2.5" system performance wise over a 2.25" or is it just greater noise?

Please excuse my ignorance lol, Thanks in advance,

Craig

421 Cammed 172
Hi mate.

I had a thread on this the other day. The conclusion was

2.25" If you have no other engine mods planned
2.5" If you plan on doing other stuff as this compliments them

From sideways danny

The threads in this section titles 2.25" vs 2.5" i think.

cheers mate, given my current mods i'm not sure if its worth it, but i am planning on the new super 2000 inlet when it eventually surfaces, hmmmm, i'll have to ask ben i think

421 Cammed 172
Haven't seen it mate.

Ill search it now.

een thinkin about inlets and enlarged throttle body for a while now, along with a decat and 2.5" system :D

260% JCW
I had the same problem mate but after reading French Car magazine and then the quote on K-tech i opted for the stealth.

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1088

"As featured in Performance French Cars magazine (May 2007 issue)and fitted to their Clio 172 project car. Quotation from the magazine about our Stealth exhaust system: "All told you'd be hard pushed to find a better Clio 172/Cup performance exhaust solution than this". This was backed up by the exhaust producing almost identical power to that of a custom, one off fabricated race system. In fact our Stealth exhaust actually increased torque compared to the race system"

Money is a bit tight to be honest at the min lads hence why i'm looking at a custom system, as the £275 fitted price is good when you consider that its £312 for a ktec stealth then i have to get it fitted on top of that....

yozzasport is good, but too loud for my taste as i do alot of miles up and down the M6. quality is second to non though