ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exclusive Williams #002...

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I appreciate not everyone likes Exclusives but there we go! This is number 002 which i bought in April for a bargain price! At 116k i couldnt turn it down, it needed a little attention in the shape of...

Window Regulator
Speedo sensor
Brakes all round
A good clean

This aside, it was still a decent buy!

I plan to just tidy it up and generally make it shine again! The plans are...

Williams wheels (on)
HID's 6k
Maybe lower?
Phase 2 side strips
Maybe a Cup spoiler?

I dont really do detailling as such although it might be something ill get into eventually. Anyway, enough of that, here are some very pish iPhone pictures, photography being another thing i dont do very well!

Started with my usual cleaning arsenal (i do use micro fibre cloths though i must say :eek:)

IMG_0649.jpg

The result's >

IMG_0671.jpg

And the rest of the frankly woeful camera malarky >

IMG_0667.jpg

IMG_0652.jpg

IMG_0668.jpg

IMG_0653.jpg

IMG_0651.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

At the moment its getting 43mpg (worked out over 550 miles) Which im quite happy with! All in all its a great cheap car which is what i need just now.

I may look into getting an R27 in UR or Nimbus, or maybe even a R26! I havent decided!

As always, C+C's welcome!

Danny

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Wheels look dreadful. But as long as your happy, thats all that matters to me. x

Ps, I have a ph1 set of headlights with HID kit. I will do you a very very good deal....

koi

Audi S1
Defo needs lowered. Don't think Sportlines will be low enough though, they aren't on mine with the f1's on anyway.

120d M Sport
It will be lower with sportlines, although not by a lot.

Apex have a terrible reputation on here (as do P.I.) , oddly enough my mate has just had an apex 25mm kit fitted to his VTS and it rides reasonably and handles great...guess you gotta speak as you find.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
I had Apex -40mm springs on my first Cup and it went round corners like it was on rails.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Mines on sportlines so see if you like the height of that. If not got some ancient shitey looking springs that were on chav that im sure you could have for not very much

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
lower it and a cup spoiler and it will be spot on! Then we need a meet to get all the ph1 colours together ;)

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
It will be lower with sportlines, although not by a lot.

Apex have a terrible reputation on here (as do P.I.) , oddly enough my mate has just had an apex 25mm kit fitted to his VTS and it rides reasonably and handles great...guess you gotta speak as you find.

there's technically nothing wrong with Apex springs, they're just a terrible mismatch for the standard shocks. with appropriate shocks they'd be fine.

Don't know where you've got PI having a bad rep from. I've fitted loads of sets with no bad feedback

120d M Sport
there's technically nothing wrong with Apex springs, they're just a terrible mismatch for the standard shocks. with appropriate shocks they'd be fine.

Don't know where you've got PI having a bad rep from. I've fitted loads of sets with no bad feedback

That's what I was getting at, as I said with matching shocks like the kit my mates has on his VTS, they're excellent.

I was assuming Danny was going to be lowering on just springs though hence why I suggested Eibachs which are meant to be the best match for std shocks.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Hi Daniel San! Missed this the other day. Very nice. Always loved Willy wheels on the Mk2! Suits it with the green also imo.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I prefer the standard wheels but it looks good.

Cheers mate, bizzarley enough, i prefer the standard wheels when there not on the car if that makes sense? lol

I'm retarded.

Forget it.

???

Hi Daniel San! Missed this the other day. Very nice. Always loved Willy wheels on the Mk2! Suits it with the green also imo.

Cheers Kev, im reluctant to spend money on it as it was cheap, it sort of doesnt make sense but i dont want to see it neglected!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I know what you mean. Buy something as a cheap runabout and end up spunking cash at it trying to make it mint!