ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Excessive inside tyre wear

PH1 172
Had the MOT done over the weekend and the guy pointed out the insides of the front tyres are getting very close to the limits and was nearly a fail.....

The trouble is the tyres are only about a year old with about 6000-7000 miles driven and the rest of the tyre looks brand new still, which makes it a real waste :(

The car had full laser alignment done about 8 months ago when the ball joints were changed.... so what is causing my excessive inside tyre wear and how can I stop it to save munching through tyres?

Cheers

Tel

clio 172 iceburg silver
i had mine in for a cambelt change a few months back and the mechanic told me that my tyres had worn through on the insides, worse on one-side than the other, when i took it to my mate at STS tyre pros the camber somehow was well out.

PH1 172
Has it been lowered? If so the camber could be out.

Been lowered on eibachs but that was approx 3+ years ago and not had this problem before with other sets of the same tyre.

Has it been lowered? If so the camber could be out.

In this country most likely mate lol.

Think my best bet is to get the tyres on and get the tracking etc done again then monitor the tyre wear.... just annoying I have destroyed a nice set of Eagle F1s which you can't get hold of anymore :mad:

clio 172 iceburg silver
i feel your pain, i had only put my tyres on about a month before the cambelt being done and had to fork out for a new set.. but thank god had it all checked at the same time and jobs a good'un no probs since

Johnpacey1

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Might be worth getting some camber bolts to reset the camber back to standard. Should help get a few more miles out of the tires.

Evo 5 RS
If you had a geo setup not that long ago then it's more likely your tracking is probably just way out. Doesn't have to be a crator of a pot hole to jolt it.

I have mine done every 6 months. Surrey roads..

Listerine & Poledo
every time a new set of boots goes on, it's alignment time for the 172.

Have lost too many good sets of tyres because of alignment.

After the last set came off, the missus finally understood why I winced when we couldn't avoid a pothole.

PH1 172
Cheers for the replies all.... I will replace with new rubber (Hankook V12s or PE2s - haven't decided yet) and get the tracking/allignment done as well.

Johnpacey1 - I will keep that idea in mind mate after I see what the figures are.