ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Excel Help

Tesla MP3 2021
Basically, I need a formula to achieve the following..
Return a result in a particular cell (L1) based on the following IF conditions..
If particular cell (F1) = Yes then return Yes
If particular cell (F1) = No then return No
and then if...
"Yes" is in the same cell (F1) and there are also 2 other matches (Cisco 887Va and/or ADSL WIC) in another cell (G2) then then return N/A in (L1).

This is what I have which works for the first part which is easy, its the AND IF parts which don't seem to work, I am not sure if I should be using AND, OR, or both?

=IF(F2="Yes","Yes",IF(F2="No","No", IF(AND(G2="Cisco 887VA",F2="Yes"),"N/A",IF(AND(G2="ADSL WIC",F2="Yes"),"N/A"))))

Cheers
Adam

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
The reason it isn't working is because excel is meeting all of the conditions before it can get to the other bit of your formula. i.e. a the result will only ever be yes or no. Formula done.

You're nearly there. Just a tweak in your ordering and another nested if. Does this work?
Code:
=IF(F1="No","No",IF(F1="Yes",IF(OR(G2="Cisco 887Va",G2="ADSL WIC"),NA(),"Yes")))

Tesla MP3 2021
Yeah I did think that, and then I started to get confused between AND and OR nesting.
Just looking at the above, is that correct in terms of if F1 = Yes then I just want "Yes" in L1 but if F1 = Yes and G2 = Cisco 887Va or ADSL WIC then it will return "N/A" in L1?

Tesla MP3 2021
Sorry - that works, apart from returning N/A, it returns #NAME?... doesn't the N/A need to be "N/A", but you can't do that to the above formula as it errors?

Tesla MP3 2021
Sorted, was having a moment ;)...

=IF(F2="No","No",IF(F2="Yes",IF(OR(G2="Cisco 887Va",G2="ADSL WIC"),"N/A","Yes")))

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
The NA() returns an NA but I think the functionality of it depends on what version of Excel you're using, so yeh "N/A" will do the same thing :)

Tesla MP3 2021
On another point, is there a way to use an IF formula to look in a cell and match a return if the cell contains any text with "ADSL"?