ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Excel help - removing duplicate values in different rows

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Alright guys,

Hoping someone will be able to help a brother in need!

I have two columns. Column A contains 53,604 records. Column B contains 53079 records.

So, column A contains all of column B plus 525 new items. Is there a simple way to single out these 525 records, essentially deleting the duplicates?

Cheers,
Luke.

330i. E30 Touring.
Copy column B into a seperate sheet.

Put a 1 next to every value in B sheet.

Vlookup A against B, to show the 1.

Should then be able to filter anything without a 1 to show you which are the additions.

If i make no sense, drop me an email and i'll do it for you.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Not just a pretty face! I'll give it a go mate, cheers.

330i. E30 Touring.
Like this:

Luke1.JPG

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I should've mentioned Mike, both columns (despite having identical data apart from the one's that are duplicates) aren't in the same order. Lol. Does that make it different?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I should've mentioned Mike, both columns (despite having identical data apart from the one's that are duplicates) aren't in the same order. Lol. Does that make it different?

Presuming you have a unique id to link both the columns, no will make no difference. email it me if you want me to do it you mate.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Cheers mate, I'll give it a go now. Yep, they're all unique - vehicle ABI codes.

It's something I'll be looking to do on a monthly basis (or at least every time an insurer gives us a new vehicle list) so should really learn how to do it myself. Expect an email if I get stuck though, lol. Cheers Luke.