ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Excel/Access Help - A Little Football Project I'm Starting.

Clio
Evening all,

I was wondering if anyone could help get me started, decide how easy it is or even worth it, or just point me in the right direction.

I've got no problem writing the simple SQL queries but I want to ideally have it in access format so I can see all my queries on one form quickly and easily.

So, I've downloaded the Premier League spreadsheet for this season from here:
http://www.football-data.co.uk/englandm.php

It basically contains all the fixtures from this season and results and stats from the game (1 row for each fixture). For example.... but with loads more fields.
Div Date HomeTeam AwayTeam FTHG FTAG FTR
E0 08/08/2015 Bournemouth Aston Villa 0 1 A
E0 08/08/2015 Chelsea Swansea 2 2 D
E0 08/08/2015 Everton Watford 2 2 D

What I'd like to do is have a form that displays all the games without results (unplayed fixtures) and then a hyperlink from for each team that if I click, will bring up that team on a form and execute all my queries for that team against all their fixtures both home and away (the query will use the team you click) to display the results on the form.

Example queries would be total games played, games won, goals scored etc etc.

My problem is I don't know where to start. Any takers?

Clio
Forgot to add I don't want to alter the original spreadsheet format as I'll be importing a new one each week.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I've not used access for 20 odd years...... I assume these days you write .NET code in a form?