ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Excel 2008 gurus? Need help asap!

?
Working on a lab report, come upon a little hiccup in excel. Whenev I try to add a regular line (not trendline) to this set of results, it goes crazy!

47938540.jpg

Any ideas? Its probably an easy fix

?
This is what happens when i attempt to add a line colour. see what happens? [most obvious in the green line]

27703670.jpg

you may know it, clio?
never seen 2007 but im good with excel, have you tried changing the type of line graph?

?
I see myself as brilliant in excel but cant understand why this has happened... its like excel thinks the lower value data occured at a time before ... it doesnt make sense and is hard to explain!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
i think you need to re arrange your table of your source data... your confusing excel... its not joining up because you have gaps in your data.
IE at 50 mins there is 2 blanks and then some data...

at a guess id say this is confusing it.

try arranging your data horizontally?

?
i think you need to re arrange your table of your source data... your confusing excel... its not joining up because you have gaps in your data.
IE at 50 mins there is 2 blanks and then some data...

at a guess id say this is confusing it.

try arranging your data horizontally?

Confused computer FTL

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
yeh its a bit s**t tbh...

it doesn't like it if you try making graphs from different sheets either (ie loads of data of different sheets)

lol getting there then!

DCi
if you want to put your data set back to how it was, try putting =NA() in the blank cells

or to do it properly:

click on your chart > you should have 3 new options at the top in the section 'chart tools' > you want 'design' > in the 'data' section you have select data > bottom left of the window that pops up is 'hidden and empty cells' > 'Connect data points with line'

I thank ya

MG ZS180 Mk2
You can fix this fairly easily.
Go back to your original graph where there are gaps and I will use the green line as the example.
Opposite click on one of the green points and go to Select Data.
In this window, click Hidden and empty Cells button.
Select Connect data points with line then click OK.
Click ok again and watch the gaps fill!!!!

?
Another question... how do i now get excel to produce and average of these 3 lines? I cant average the data as it was taken at different time intervals... if you know what I mean