ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exaltos or r888

182 S
Is it worth saving that bit extra for r888s? I'm not tracking the car but it's charged so I need grip! On the roads r exaltos just as gd?

For the road PE2's, you will be replacing the 888's every 4-5k, and it will get expensive.

You will never get them up to proper temp on the road either imo, and if you are, you deserve to be banned ;):)

I would only consider 888s on a second set of wheels which I could change when the weather suited.

182 trackday racer
R888's dont wear much on normal road use. In fact Id say you hardly can get the temperature up in them on normal road use even if you try. My car runs about 10000-15000km per year more than 1/3 of that is on road and mostley with R888's. No problem even in the rain, biggest problem id se in a everyday car is the noise, the sound is loud and very disturbing in the long run. Gripwise the R888's are far supperior though.

For longer trips on road I use original wheels with normal road tires, so id say it depends on how you use the car. Best is a dual wheel setup.

172 Ph1,Golf GTI PDI
R888's are wasted on a road car, you will never get near the levels off track so your just throwing money away using them day to day.
Don't forget they only come with 5-5.5mm tread new, so your realistically looking at leass than 4mm of actual wear out of the tyres...
If you must use a track based tyre on the road then the Hankook RS2 is a better bet as the wear rate is nowhere near that of the 888's and wet weather ability is better when you encounter standing water.

Golf GTD Mk7
PE's mate. No point really for the road and the miches will last a good 20k depending how you drive. Great for the dry, not too bad in the wet.