ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

EVO VII

With the pending release of the VIII has anoyone seen any good places to get a new/nearly new VIIs.

Thanks.

Astra 1.9cdti XP

You thinking of changing? Have you been to that Mitsubishi garage just off the Coast Road?

I reckon you still looking at £20K + for an EVO VII but you could get an EVO VI for about £15K. There is a white one for sale near me for sale, its going for about £18K looks great though!!!

I am just looking. I am hoping that with the release of the VIII and the silly trade in prices that the dealers are offering I could get one for about 20k. I have been looking at the black one but I have just been informed that servicing and running is very costing.

May consider a new WRX and save up of for the PPP. I have to check my pennies at the moment.

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Know what you mean!! I think they need a service every 6000 miles or so and they are about £250 a pop. Then you have about 20mpg which aint good.....dont get me started with insurance!!!

Nissan R35 GT-R

The sevens are going for cheaper than the sixs at the moment.

You can pick up a nice 51 plate VII for the same sort of money as a X reg VI if you look in the right places. Something about the VIs that hold their value. A Makinen will set you back about £24k!

Nissan R35 GT-R

I agree. Getting a VI in August. If a VII pulled up in your rear view mirror, you wouldnt move over until it flashed so that you noticed it.

In a VI however...

Are VI only on import though? I have a phobia about import cars, probably why I am skint paying full price.

I am looking for 4 door cars at the moment £15100 for the Octavia RS seems like a good deal. Anyone know what insurance group it is? Looked at the Curpa R, Very nice but it is difficult if not impossible to get a drive in one. £16999 is very tempting.

Astra 1.9cdti XP

The VI did come as an official UK car so not a problem there. I have a Raliart brochure in the house with UK prices and all.

As for the Leon Cupra R I had a test drive in one about a month and a half ago at that Seat garage not to far from the airport (not sure what the name of the place it) The cars purchase fell thorugh so they let me out in it :). Wont give a test report here but you need to drive it before you buy.

A mate of mine has an Evo 6 TME. I think services are every 4500 miles and it does 25mpg when behaving yourself (not that it is remotely possible!).