ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Everythings gone tits up.

Not had my new pc that long. Built it myself a few months ago but then immediately went back to uni so its only really got used in the past couple of weeks now im back home.

Anyway today i picked up an ASUS Xonar D2X sound card and an ati 4850 gfx card.

Had them in and all properly installed for about 3 hours, was giving the gfx card a run and playing a game with the gfx settings maxed out to see how it went. Everything was going fine but then all of a sudden the whole computer just turned off.

It now doesnt respond to the power button at all.

My first thought is the PSU which is rated to 500W has gone tits up under the load.

Cracked it open and theres no visible signs of damage and the little fuse which is soldered onto the board is in tact, which makes me worry its taken out something elsewhere.

any ideas?

I dont have an old case to see if it is the psu unfortunately, so not sure how to test it.

Tom

alien green rs133
I could probably have got it sorted but instantly did the man thing of taking it all apart to see if it had somehow turned into cheese or something and in doing so broke the warranty seal.

learn from your mistakes, if its mechanical take it to bits do your man think. electrical, just cry like a girl. not a cat in hells chance you can fix it :rasp:

reccomend hyper they are a uk baised company, very quiet too :D

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
A 600w will be fine as long as you buy a decent one that *actually* puts out 600w.

Ended up nipping into ccl just now on my way back from a party over in manc, ended up with a Winpower 750W.

Nothing fancy but its doing the trick as everything is now back up and running!

Little annoyed though, payed for a 750, got it out the box and its only a 700W version. Think someone has picked up the wrong box. Cant be arsed to take it back now though.