ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Even lower on H&Rs

Ph1 172
At the moment I have my H&Rs set to the bottom at the rear, and they sit Perfectly, however I will soon be striping the car (alot) and expect the back end to ride 10mm or so higher. Is there anyway of changing the spring or any other components to allow me to drop the car a further 10mm?

I was suprised when I put these to lowest and they sat here, expected the tyre tobe in the arch!!

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
or remove the platforms and flip the inner one on its arse under the axel, this will drop about 8mm

Ph1 172
Yeah then youll have no suspension travel and will handle like a bag of spanners!!!!

Are you refering to
"or remove the platforms and flip the inner one on its arse under the axel"
or
"Extra low rear springs/platforms, speak to Yozzasport"
?????

Compromising the handling is not an option, after spending £800 on sus its handling the way I want it to.

Mk2 172
Yeah then youll have no suspension travel and will handle like a bag of spanners!!!!

Are you refering to
"or remove the platforms and flip the inner one on its arse under the axel"
or
"Extra low rear springs/platforms, speak to Yozzasport"
?????

Compromising the handling is not an option, after spending £800 on sus its handling the way I want it to.

but with no suspension travel the car ISNT handling right. Thats what im gettin at.

Ph1 172
Ahh I see.
Is there anyway to maintain a good level of travel?

I assume this must be possible as the car is perfect now, so if it raises 10mm when weight is removed from above it, then it will have been the spring that expanded for that, will it not?
so then if I get a 10mm shorter spring it will basically be the way it is now??? (but with the car spripped?)

Is the perfect solution a spring with the same properties as the current one thats 10mm shorter?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
A 10mm Shorter Spring with a Slightly different Weight Ratio I would quess as the car will be lighter - I have no clue but is just an educated guess

80MPG BEEZA
i'm after the same, as some know mines stripped and lowered maximum drop and it still aint low enough esp with 15's on

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Can't you just try and contact H&R and see what they can do for you, I'm sure you could get a few people to buy some if it was a Minimum Order thing

Weeman sucks ****
Can't you just try and contact H&R and see what they can do for you, I'm sure you could get a few people to buy some if it was a Minimum Order thing

i've tried this by speaking to ms tuning who are the importers. tbh they're useless with their information and never get back to you.

i'd like a lower ride height at the back as my cup has no weight at the rear either.

would a 10mm drop hinder the shocks?

Ph1 172

i've tried this by speaking to ms tuning who are the importers. tbh they're useless with their information and never get back to you.

i'd like a lower ride height at the back as my cup has no weight at the rear either.

would a 10mm drop hinder the shocks?

As above, it would seem that if the spring was 10mm shorter but with the same properties then no. Because once it is fitted onto a stripped car the spring will sit at the same length as the standard H&R spring would on a fully loaded car.

Clio 172 ph2 + 990SM
lower doesnt mean better handling. if you get your suspension setup by mark fish he'll probably tell you to raise your car a little, i no he raised my h&rs a smidgeon

Weeman sucks ****
i've been to fish a few times. most clios end up nose down but why are all the racers level?

i.e. the door sill is parallel to the floor. which would also look better. a la yozza's cup

Ph1 172
lower doesnt mean better handling. if you get your suspension setup by mark fish he'll probably tell you to raise your car a little, i no he raised my h&rs a smidgeon

Im well aware of this, I have played quite alot with the front as this can go alot lower, I found the perfect balance where I am at the moment, which is:
Rears set to bottom
Fronts set 7 threads from bottom
- This left the front ever so slightly lower than the back, with the sill about 10mm lower at the front, the turn in was much improved with this setup over the flat sill setup.

I have no intention of making the back any lower than it is at the moment, even though the tyre is well away from the arch, as the handling is perfect and the car still looks nice. However once the rear raises with spripping It just isnt going to look anywhere near as good, hence my search for a solution

Clio 172 ph2 + 990SM
i think its cos theyre tryin to shift the centre of gravity towards the middle and reduce the possibility of the back end stepping out

Mk2 172
i think its cos theyre tryin to shift the centre of gravity towards the middle and reduce the possibility of the back end stepping out

the car should be set up with rake which means the sill will be lower at the front than the rear. not massively but enough to help shift the centre of gravity and weight quicker towards the front of the car to ensure more grip at the front which means less understeer.