ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

*** Essex Charity Rolling Road Day***

SG9 Forester STi
Unfortunately the last rolling road day successfully organised by Saner was a little too much of a venture for some of us Essex members so I thought I'd start looking into one for us lot!

I have been speaking to TDI (Torque Developments International) who are based in Thurrock and have agreed to hold a rolling road day for us Cliosporters whereby all proceeds will go directly to Great Ormond Street Hospital for the benefit of unwell children.

They have generously said that they do not charge for their time but expect a sensible donation from each of us. If we can all discuss a fair amount which we think should be paid for our dyno runs then I think CS and TDI can raise a good sum of money for the very deserving charity!

I plan to do a little write up of the day and each car and stick it up on here so all in all it should be a good day! Here's there link if you want to see what they're all about..

http://www.tdi-plc.com/index.php?pge=C_aboutus

The date will be a Saturday but we will confirm which one once we've established how many people are interested in attending. All are welcome if you want to bring someone along with a different car or even those who want to come down to watch and have a chat :)

So....who's up for counting their horses and raising some money? :cool:

Megane 225 F1
It's the generic Essex girl thing I want ;)

I'm actually waiting for a north west meet to occur on a day i can do as well. Actually I wanna try and make it to all the areas this year. Dedication FTW!

All set for team racedot. Next weekend? ;)

SG9 Forester STi
Just watch the only way is Essex. Sure way to put you off!

Dedication indeed! No I am not ready...first person to laugh at my "moon fell on my head", "fat kid stuck in a lift" helmet is getting T-boned.

Megane 225 F1
Il try and resist but I cant guarantee nothing ;) we may need costumes. Well when I say costumes, I mean not many clothes.......

SG9 Forester STi
Nice one adam, can confirm it will definitely be a Saturday!

Mr giraffe will you be gracing us with your presence at this one?

SG9 Forester STi
FLOL only if my names Victor!

Nice one Dave! Would be good to see yours on the rollers now the exhausts been sorted :)

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
On a SRS note for a second here .. bloody good of them to donate all of the funds to charideeeee !! Hope this gets a lot of attention.

On an even more serious note .. we should have a few prizes for people, perhaps £10 for each one (out of the area rep's pocket of course) .. suggestions may include best noise, most wheel drive, lowest MPG, greenest wagon, and maximum torque output.

To save the bother later Victoriaspongecake, please paypal the £50 straight to my Gmail address.

Thanks.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Woop donuts!

Ahem...firstly - Victoriaspongecake? pmsl!

Ok well to elaborate on your plan - I will hereby give an extra £10 donation on behalf of the owner of the car that a) Sounds best! and b) Runs the most on the dyno (will keep this one clio related otherwise Rob will runaway with it lol).

I wouldnt be so sure of that... it'll probably be on an RAC truck... :rasp:

Kinda tempted to put the derv on, just for some lolz

SG9 Forester STi
Go for it sash! The more the merrier...

Rac truck - not so sure he'll breeze the best sounding in that case lol!

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Yeah, I'll show my face, although unlikely to put the 200 on the rollers as it'll probably blow-up.

1. Vickyx
2. adam172
3. TOGUSA
4. smitchell1
5. Will.
6. TheEvilGiraffe
7. mattyw
8. Brian

Also, I'll speak to Mark and David at Pfc mag, see if there'll be space for a little write-up.

lrj

Clio II Ph1 1.4 16v
1. Vickyx
2. adam172
3. TOGUSA
4. smitchell1
5. Will.
6. TheEvilGiraffe
7. mattyw
8. Brian
9. lrj

Be interested to see how close to spec mine is.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
1. Vickyx
2. adam172
3. TOGUSA
4. smitchell1
5. Will.
6. TheEvilGiraffe
7. mattyw
8. Brian
9. lrj
10. brisa4984
11.Scrooge

You got that sorted quick Vicky well done! TDI is a great venue, the people who work there are a good bunch. There's also a few intresting motors to take a ganders at too.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
id be on this,

dying to know that kinda power shes pumping!

1. Vickyx
2. adam172
3. TOGUSA
4. smitchell1
5. Will.
6. TheEvilGiraffe
7. mattyw
8. Brian
9. lrj
10. brisa4984
11.Scrooge

SG9 Forester STi
1. Vickyx
2. adam172
3. TOGUSA
4. smitchell1
5. Will.
6. TheEvilGiraffe
7. mattyw
8. Brian
9. lrj
10. brisa4984
11.Scrooge
12. Struggler

It's good to see so many are interested in popping along!

If you're all nice to me (and it's open) I might go round to the big blue bus round the corner and do lunch run :) Epic burgers :approve:

BG182®
Hai :) I'll be up for this

1. Vickyx
2. adam172
3. TOGUSA
4. smitchell1
5. Will.
6. TheEvilGiraffe
7. mattyw
8. Brian
9. lrj
10. brisa4984
11.Scrooge
12. Struggler
13. WILLIE

Clio 197 RB
Hmmm, im West London, but sounds like a laugh, and for charity why not, so am I right in saying that it will be £10 per dyno run.??
Any update on a date yet??

SG9 Forester STi
Where the price is concerned I was thinking along the lines of around £30. That way it's an attractive enough price to make people want to come (last time I got mine dyno'd it cost me £60) and based on a group of 15 people (i know some aren't running but as an example) that will raise £450. Then if any of the others decide to give a donation along with my noisy and power £10 extras we can hopefully raise around the £500 mark :)

SG9 Forester STi
Right here is an update!

I have just spoken to TDI who have said that they prefer not to whizz through the cars and would like to be more involved and have a chat about the results with each person and provide suggestions for improvements etc. Obviously this means that places are limited and I've been told that they will be able to do 12 cars on the day. £30 donation each to make it worth there while was agreed best and I'll add the two extra donations for the best sounding and the clio which runs the most power :)

The date! We have one - Saturday 5th March 2011

Running

1. Vickyx
2. adam172
3. TOGUSA
4. smitchell1
5. Will.
6. TheEvilGiraffe
7. mattyw
8. lrj
9. brisa4984
10. Scrooge
11. Struggler
12. WILLIE

Watching

1. Brian
2. Ben_r1

Obviously now that means now that the spaces have been filled so I would ask you to only keep your name on the list if you are 100% positive that your car will be on the dyno on that day :) It would be mucho appreciated if you could edit your name on the list if you are watching and I've stuck you down as running! :)

Reserve list (in case anyone decides to cancel)

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Running

1. Vickyx
2. adam172
3. TOGUSA
4. smitchell1
5. Will.
6. TheEvilGiraffe
7. mattyw
8. lrj
9. brisa4984
10. Scrooge
11. Struggler
12. WILLIE

Watching

1. Brian
2. Ben_r1

Obviously now that means now that the spaces have been filled so I would ask you to only keep your name on the list if you are 100% positive that your car will be on the dyno on that day :) It would be mucho appreciated if you could edit your name on the list if you are watching and I've stuck you down as running! :)

Reserve list (in case anyone decides to cancel)

1. Sash