ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ESP problems in 182

Clio 182
Hi all

I've had my 182 a year now and hardly had any problems with it but yesterday driving up the M3 got the SERV light on and the ESP light. Checked the manual and doesnt really say much just contact the dealer, however i pulled into a service station and turned engine off and when i started it again it had disappeared but came back on about 10 mins later, but havent had it today. anyone know what's likely to be the problem with the esp?

Also a while back i had the emissions light come on and took it into renault and because it had gone off by the time i got there they said there was nothing they could do, havent had it show up since!

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Sounds like your brake pedal switch might need replacing / adjusting.

I had the exact same problem on my 172, and at the time a number of 182 owners had the same.

See how much you need to press the brake pedal before the brake lights come on. I found in the end I could brake gently and stop the car without the switch activating and brake lights illuminating. Had the switch adjusted and that sorted it completely.

i had that problem for 3 months running on my 172, it took reg vardys (in sunderland) 3 attempts to fix it. they cleaned the brake switch the first time, adjusted it the 2nd and replaced it the 3rd!

BMW M3
Yeah... ive just had this problem fixed.

As past post... 95% sure its you brake switch that needs replacing.

They fixed mine 1st time.

Oh... yeah, the brake light might not be too sensitive if its faulty as Nik says. I often could brake in town without any indication to the people behind me.

J

JACKO CUP 172!

i had my emissions light come on and it was the spark plugs.