ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ESP light, no cruise control and hesistent.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk1
Hi all,
just picked up an 54 plate 182.
The ESP light came on 15 miles into journey home. With that I can't set the cruise control Either, occasionally it won't show the green indicator on dash ( speed limiter works fine and can be set using steering wheel controls) The esp light won't turn off unless I turn ignition off, then comes on again after a minute or so. The car then won't accelerate properly. Feels like the speed limiter is set on, then if I lift off and reapply the throttle it pick up fine. Almost feels like the coil pack is breaking down. Am I right in assuming the esp light, lack of cruise control and hesistent acceleration are linked to a sensor maybe.. NO other lights are on at all and I've tried resetting the brake switch as per the guide..
Anyone experienced similar.

Thanks guys

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I have experienced something similar.
Accelerate in straight line as I'm coming out of a corner, onto the straight and the esp will kick in, on the bloody straight! Then seconds later, the light will appear on the dash.
Must be a sensor issue.

It's not all the time though.

It's the sluggish performance which concerns me most. I'd like to think coil/hot or plugs but the fact it's not showing up an eml and the problem is intermittent. I'm thinking the esp system is identifying an error which isn't there. And limiting the revs/drive as a result. Not allowing the cruise control to operate due to the error

dan's cast offs.
you've got two choices...

1 get it plugged in, check codes and look at live data from wheel speed sensors.

2 get it plugged in, check codes and look at live data from wheel speed sensors.

I might go for the get it plugged in and check wheel sensor option! Plugged in to a 'clip' ?

dan's cast offs.
any half decent diagnostic should show you what's wrong. generic obd readers won't though.
clip would be best but stuff like snap on, delphi, autologic and the other one i can never remember the name of!!

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
Mine was plugged in and showed both rear wheel sensors so I bought a new switch and the lights are still on. Does the break switch need adjusting still?

dan's cast offs.
if it's brought both up check the plug underneath just behind the front subframe, you'll need to remove the bracing piece to get to it.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
OK mate cheers one that's done is it just a case of unplugging and giving it a good clean and checking it