ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ESP and service light after PAS fluid change???

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
as above, i changed the fluid this morning as im having PAS issues. Put everything back together and the lights are on.

Ive had a search on here but nothing has really related back to PAS.

Any help would be appreciated!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
What "issues" did you have to warrant the changing of the PAS fluid? Have you accidentally unplugged or knocked anything? (If in doubt, go back and double check). What exactly did you do... walk me thru the job.

Mick

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
Power steering started to whine a little last night, a lot louder than the usual noise. And then today the bearing collapsed and shot PAS fluid (my new stuff) everywhere! So its stripped and im awaiting a second hand pump arriving.

I found a plug that wasnt quite clicked all the way in, havent started the car but im hoping that is what is causing the warning lights.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Damn, that's not nice! Possibly the PAS Pressure switch then, fingers crossed for you.

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
Not at all, ive only had it 3 weeks lol Only been on the road for 7 of them!

I had a look at the pressure switch and it was smeared with fluid so that might be goosed too! I have access to a good one to test it though.

Cheers for your replies mate.