ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ESP, ABS, Stop, Handbrake, SERV lights after fitting new discs and pads

Clio Sport 172 Ph2
Hi
Tried doing a search but nothing seems to come up with all these lights!
Ive just fitted new discs and pads all round on my ph2 172 and now after driving about 800yards all the lights mentioned above come up, checked and cleaned all sensers and checked for cracks in the rings, nothing. Had another look today and still cant find anything. The handbrake holds fine and brakes are still sharp, really need some help with this.
thanks

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
You've either not plugged a sensor(s) back in or you've damaged something. Another possible problem is you've fitted rear discs with the wrong reluctor rings on them (if the discs you bought even had them?).

If you're 110% sure its all right tben you need diagnostics.

Mick

53 Clio 1.2 16v
Try checking the abs fuse. All of those lights come on when you take the fuse out. So it mighta blown when you were changing discs

Evo
if abs fuse has blown you'll lose the speedo unless its a Cup which guessing from the colour its not. so thats a good check there.

Rear excitor ring fault should bring only the abs light on...

Did you mess with the pads, push caliper pistons in etc. at the same time? Sounds to me like the resevoir level sensor would throw up such lights? I'm unaware as to whether these models run rear pad wear sensors or not?

I know its a different model but may help, on the 197 you get a similar fault when the battery is disconnected and the ESP needs resetting, to do so just turn engine on and throw it lock to lock a couple times. This resets ESP and the lights extinguish.

Clio Sport 172 Ph2
Thanks for all the help, checked over everything again the other day and still couldn't find anything, I even took the rears off and cleaned the abs sensors.
I've checked the fuses, all ok.
The rears don't have wear sensors nor do the front.
Topped up the fluid level today and still no change.
Yeah the rear discs have abs rings fitted and checked fronts no cracks etc.
Lost about what it can be.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Needs to go on clip now then really if everything visually looks in order.

53 Clio 1.2 16v
If you have an android phone u can download an app called torque and buy a 16 pin bluetooth plug off ebay for diagnostics and trouble codes.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
... and that App works with ABS and systems other than ECM does it?

Many.
There is ABS on the rear...

Broken sensor, New drums missing ABS rings (or incorrect amount of teeth)