ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Erm.... Oil at 3K !

Clio 172 Ph2

Got in my 172 today and the poxy SERV light came on. It thinks I have no oil and ive only done just over 3000 miles!

That cant be right, can it?!

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

Open the bonnet and whip the dip stick out, see if its the electronic gizmos that are knackered

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

this happend to me recently.. its just I was parked on a hill.. park it on level ground and restart and it shouldnt come on again.

Clio 172 Ph2

But this was sitting on my very level drive! Ill check the dipstick when I finish work. I hope its not leaking out all over the place!

Ive got it booked in for next week anyway to have the oil changed and a new filter. I figure its run in enough now and probably needs it!

well I have had to top mine up twice and I have done 12000miles. the first was around 3000miles like you and the second was around 10000miles. The mechanics at Renault say it burns more oil when new so I guess this is normal.