ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ePad ZT-180

BMW 330CI M SPORT
Anybody got one of these?

How good are they? I was originally thinking it would just be a piece of crap iPhone clone but the more and more I look into just getting a cheap Tablet, they seem to be cropping up as a genuinly good bit of kit for the price.

Feedback appreciated (unless you love Apple and are going to verbally rape me)

Cheers lads

;)

Not personally used one but watching the YouTube videos shows what seems to be a fairly shoddy device which looks a bit painful to use. Seemed to run things like Angry Birds and YouTube video's ok though which was a bit of a shock. The web browser is what would piss me off. Scrolling looks incredibly unsmooth and a lack of multi-touch makes it tedious to browse using Androids stock browser. For the price there isn't really much else you could get so I suppose it's not too bad in that respect but overall it looks like something that you may end up just not using due to the pain of using it.

Personally I wouldn't waste the money and save up for another couple of months and get a 2nd hand iPad (especially if they launch a new iPad as the old prices will plummet). It's an awesome device that you would use and more importantly, want to use.

BMW 330CI M SPORT
You make a good point. I was actually looking at second hand iPads but the lack of flash would be a nightmare, especially as a lot of the sites I use now incorporate this as a main feature.

Skyfire works with flash. It basically changes it into HTML5 so it can be played back on an iPad (although I have not downloaded it personally so again, rather uselessly, I can't comment on how well it works. I think I will download it tomorrow and try!). With the ePad having flash on a website could cause some serious slowdown. Having tried it on a Galaxy Tab, Desire and Desire HD you can definitely feel the system slowing down to cope with the demands that flash puts on it. I'd certainly try and get a chance to play on one before buying it.

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_kw=e...pos=HD1 6PX&_sc=1&_sop=7&_stpos=HD1 6PX&gbr=1

Theres a few sellers that are in or around Huddersfield according to that. Might be worth messaging them. One of them might let you go and have a little play on one before you buy (take a stab vest though)