ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Entry level ICE setup what do you think?

Oyster Card
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...logId=10151&productId=185012&categoryId=33921

Do you reckon this is anygood? I've currently got a 2x 10" SPL Dual Bandpass Box http://www.spl-audio.com/image/245289343.jpg (Pic is example it's not as nice as that)

Would this new Fusion sub be atleast equal in the respect of deep bass

My current box kicks fine but it's way too big takes up the whole boot literally.

I've also got a 500w SPL amp is that better than the Amp which comes with the Fusion package?

As you can probably see I'm relativly new to ICE I just want a half decent system which doesn't take the whole boot.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
get yourself a vibe 12inch with intergrated amp mate. far superiour in my eyes. or infinity sub with jbl amp if you dont mind a seperate amp and sub :)

Oyster Card
What about the Alpine Type-R 10"

Would that give out, I know SPL is pretty cheap and Alpine is decent so in comparison would there be much performance loss if any from it?

Basically I want to save space but don't want to lose too much bass, what design gives the best sound my Bandpass box gives out a lot but it's too big.

muz

big fat japanese bus
i know a couple of people with that set up not bad at all for the cash however there has bee a few breaking i have heard

the 500 watt of your SPL amp will not really be that amount and the fusion would sound a lot better

Oyster Card
So you reckon the Fusions a decent deal?
Also looking at the amp which comes with the Fusion "2 channel 190W RMS amplifier" can you tell me in simple guy terms whats the true output of that and how it compairs to the SPL.

Thanks for your help guys!!

Oyster Card
Also if I do buy from Halfords (Something I don't make a habbit of unless it's Paint) what kind of warrenty would I get against it?

SPL are sh*te, to put it politely, there aren't many budget brands that are worth investing in

For £200 i would get

This

and

This

Alternatively, Brun has a fantastic deal in the car parts for sale section, iirc he wants £320 for what i deem to be an excellent set-up, so much so, if i wanted a system, i'd have bought it off him straight away, as money is tight, make him an offer, see what he says!

if you can stretch a ilttle more than £200, try and have a look at the Phoenix Gold OctaneR 5.0:1, it's a better amp than the Alpine, and with CAD currently having a decent discount level on it, i'd say it's well worth the investment

anything else

bryanogilvie@ntlworld.com and i'll be happy to help, not at the computer too often anymore though, so may take a while to reply :(

Last edited:
  Monaro VXR
To answer your question about the RMS wattage. That is a better true representation of wattage the other bigger umbers are usually peak watts that are output which might only be there for a fraction of a second 190w fo RMS is a sustained output.

Just dont compare output to your SPL stuff cause quite frankly its awful. Instead of looking on halfords have a look on some proper car audio stores on the net which normally have better quality gear going cheaper. And you can get a better idea of what your money will get you.

A little more will get you some pretty good stuff such as. Great quality for the price.

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/pro...d=4535&cadid=1e7871ca5d2dedc30a6453293ba56c3b

Renault Clio 197 ('08)
Yeah see my thread (Newby ---> JBL package) about that pack Wozzaa has just posted. It's definitely a great starter package! I fitted one for somebody yesterday!

muz

big fat japanese bus
that JBL package is a hell of a lot of kit for no cash at all.

Buy is sell the 6x9s on EBAY to some chav and you get everything for jsut over 200 quid.

now thas less than I paid for wiring alone!!