ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

enough is enough....

clio 16v
I really am close to petrol bombing the nearest French embassy!(JOKE)
But seriously my valver is doing my head in. Just spent two hours today fitting a new alternator, aux belt and battery and finally got it back on the road after two weeks on buses. Going to work tonight and the power steering stops working. i pull over and discover power steering fluid has emptied all over the front of the engine. When I was working on it today I noticed the pipe above the alternator was leaking fluid, the bolt was loose so I tightened it up and it appeared to have stopped the leak. Then this happens. I'm assuming that due to the fact the power steering has stopped functioning that the pump has burnt out? I have a pump off an old valver but it's been sitting in my garage for 2 years, reckon it will still work? Also how difficult is it to change the pump?

Any help with the above questions would be much appreciated guys.

I really am close to petrol bombing the nearest French embassy!(JOKE)
But seriously my valver is doing my head in. Just spent two hours today fitting a new alternator, aux belt and battery and finally got it back on the road after two weeks on buses. Going to work tonight and the power steering stops working. i pull over and discover power steering fluid has emptied all over the front of the engine. When I was working on it today I noticed the pipe above the alternator was leaking fluid, the bolt was loose so I tightened it up and it appeared to have stopped the leak. Then this happens. I'm assuming that due to the fact the power steering has stopped functioning that the pump has burnt out? I have a pump off an old valver but it's been sitting in my garage for 2 years, reckon it will still work? Also how difficult is it to change the pump?

Any help with the above questions would be much appreciated guys.

Changing pumps a bit of a pain like anything on them but not impossible.

Golf GTI PP Mk7
if things on it keep going, might be worth getting it to yozzasport or GDI, bung them a few quid and get them to give the thing a decent going over, just to be safe. hope u get it sorted mate.

if u do petrol bomb the french embassy, make sure its V-power, hehe.