ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine's...

mk2 ph1, standerd
So after some reserch threw this forum looks like ill nedd new stem seals and or piston rings.
Using oil on high speed runs, smoke when sitting after a run (while parking) and a bit of smoke on start up. Plus no visible leaks or pools on ground!
Only had the car a few weeks and not that clued up on the 182s . Tho owned many a 16v 106 and Saxo. So used to the problems ?
What's best to do In my situation- get them done (Heard u need to take the belt off so would get belt and pump done at same time instead of at 120k) or source a lower mileage engine and just drop that in (would do belt and pump on it and that pulley if it's not been done)
What's the average price to get seal a d piston rings done ?
I'm in no way a mechanic but have good friends that are and would charge 50% avrage labour prices max!! So engine swap wouldn't cost me much to get fitted. Thanks in advance

Ps this might be in the wrong section