ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine whine Mk3 TCE

E30 318iS x2
My Mk3 1.2 TCE has started developed a sort of whine from the front of the engine. I've turned the aircon on and off so don't recon it's that. Charge warning light isn't on (yet) so I the alternator is still charging so not sure if it's that. Only other thing is the idler pulley, unless the aux belt tensioner is fubar :S. As far as I can tell it has leccy PAS not hydraulic (there isn't an obvious hydraulis PAS reservoir any where).

Any one else had any experiences or thoughts?

Electric PAS so no hydrolics (which is a good thing realy electrics more reliable)

Need to see teh car realy but more likly thee aux belt is it due a change?

E30 318iS x2
Only done 49k so far, coming up to 4 years old. Best find a price for a kit!

Last edited:

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Oh Ali. Are you able to turn off abs and tc lights with CLIP? ;)

Yea but if its a permanent fault it will just come back, do you know what the cause is for them to be on? Can take clip home with me 2moz if you want to pop round.

Megane 225 F1
Yea but if its a permanent fault it will just come back, do you know what the cause is for them to be on? Can take clip home with me 2moz if you want to pop round.

COuld you take a look Saturday afternoon sometime? Main reason for wanting them off is MOT is due by the 4th of Jan :(

f**k off, get your own thread!

NO. I don't start threads. I just spam others.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
The one that drives the a/c pump and alternator.

Will im busy as fuk, can plug it in tomoz night if your about.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
No, AUX belts are pretty straight forward and normally wont damage your engine if done worng/snapped (unless you have the RS2.0 which for some reaosn was designed in such a way that the aux belt snaps the cam belt)...

Oh, maybe get a better light if its dark; not good to work int he dark, bad for your eyes!

E30 318iS x2
Just replied to your PM Dan.

I did it on the eveing of the 20th after I asked about it. It was a bit of a faf and needed to fudge some 'special tools' due to the lack of space. Had to put an 8mm spanner onto the shaft of a 3/8" drive torx bit (can't remember the size, it was either T40 or T45) and give it a couple of sharp tugs to undo it and a 20mm spanner to adjust the tension. You need small arms and hands to get the threaded washer in its slot and the tensioner bolt started on it. After that it's fitting the belt and tensioning it up.