ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Warning Light on and limp mode?

Clio Sport 1.4
Hi guys,

The other day i was driving along and the car suddenly lost a load of power and the check engine light started flashing. after about 5 minutes it stopped. now its on all the time and im stuck in "limp mode" with limited power. :dapprove:

i checked the oil which was totally empty (even tho no warning lights came on and car said oil ok all the time :mad:). filled it up but still no luck.

any ideas what this could be or how to fix it?

car is Clio Expression 1.2 16v if that helps

Cheers

Clio 182 trophy
Since the head gasket change has it been fine?? I have the same problem on my 1.2 but sometimes it just cuts out whatever speed im doing, then wont start :mad: Ive had the crank sensor changed map sensor and lamda sensor, worked well for 4 days then claped out again 5 times on the way home lastnight

Clio Sport 1.4
havnt had it fixed yet. depending buying something else. car cost me 900 and garage want 500 to fix head gasket and change cambelt at same time but that seems alot for a cheap car. Will update you if i fix it and it lasts tho!