ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Transplant

1.6 16v without an engine
A short time ago my cambelt snapped as the previous owner told me it had changed but it hadnt. one of the valves has snapped altogether and damaged a piston and it needs a whole new engine. dunno whether to get a 1.6 16v back in again. will a 2.0 16v fit straight in without changing anything else? apart from brakes

Last edited:
  Clio 172 sport
The truth is.. i dont know. probably not as they both operate on different ecu's?

My cambelt snapped though and i had to get a replacement engine, luckily only cost me about 800 in the end

good luck

LY 182
i reckon so yeah... i reckon you could get a bare engine (block/head) and bolt all your ancilleries to it.

i also reckon you could run it on your own management with a few wiring modifications as they use near enough the same ecu/management and most importantly same engine sensors/layout

would need remapping to take advantage of the extra capacity but basically they are the same engines.

not a completely blind veiw i have a bit of experiance in them..

BUT... dependant on how quick you were going (or should i say how high it was revving) i cant see the engine being terminal

i've done a snapped belt on a k4m recently and that one got away with just 8 new valves

come to about 600 all in

LY 182
brakes will be fine too,, im using 1.2 brakes all round and they are spot on.. same as a williams which is 150bhp so more than up to the job

they suffer a bit with fade after a heavy session on the lanes but other than that ok depends what you want from it

1.6 16v without an engine
i coudnt be arsed with the hassell in the end. just got a completely new k4m engine in.
mine knacked up all 16valves and one actually snapped and bent a piston so i just ended up getting a new one in altogether.

not bad for 600 quid all in =)