ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine torque damper

loads of s**t mate, had one on the type r as its supposed to stop wheel spin etc as i had launch control and there make it worse, felt like i was ripping the front end off, bouncing like mad. stay clear

Think I'd be more inclined to trust k-tec's mounts to be honest. At least their products have been tried and tested. With this torque damper you've no idea what might happen after prolonged use.

alien green rs133
ill be honest and say that i tottaly agree on the logic, the less the engine is moving the better, i might even buy one

the new meganes and scenic that run the f4r engine have encorperated something similar into the new design of top mount anyway.

hutchie

alien green rs133
your engine already has a dogbone thats taking up the torque of the engine, this is additional, similar idea to foxy's 5th engine mount tbh

S4 Avant
loads of s**t mate, had one on the type r as its supposed to stop wheel spin etc as i had launch control and there make it worse, felt like i was ripping the front end off, bouncing like mad. stay clear

Supposed to stop wheel spin?!

I hear they add 10 horse power as well :rolleyes:

pmsl at stopping wheel spin.

It's like having an upper engine mount. It looks more than substantial enough to me and knowing mr Earpl (Yaris legend) it will be. ;)

Ph1
Designed to stops the engine moving under acceleration and unlike Ktec's wont shake the car to death or put ''potential'' strain on the running gear.

Dont be too quick to knock this...

a thirsty one
bit like the upper front strut braces in the method they are attached to the car are those drilled and then self tapped bolts though the skin?

look quite nice though to be fair

330i. E30 Touring.
Would make more sense having it lower down. There's already a mount there, pretty much.

Earpl

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
lower down = less leverage. top engine mounts are shite + made out of jelly.

it doesnt do stupid shite like stop your wheels spinning. it simply stopes the engine moving about so much. bagrin at £65 ;)