ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine swap suggestion

I have a 1.2 05 plate 5 door Renault Clio and the engine is on its death bed. I was thinking of getting it swapped but on a budget. What do you guys suggest for me to put in the car? I was thinking of a 1.2 or 1.4 engine that can be switched out quite easily and quickly.
Thanks.

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
Why not just stick another D7F in? straight swap and should you need ancillaries, you've already got them. I may have one from a 2012 Clio for sale. It's done 105k, just had a fresh head gasket and belts.

Why not just stick another D7F in? straight swap and should you need ancillaries, you've already got them. I may have one from a 2012 Clio for sale. It's done 105k, just had a fresh head gasket and belts.
I was wondering how much you were selling the engine for and what it includes? Also wether if you think that it's worth it?

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
I was wondering how much you were selling the engine for and what it includes? Also wether if you think that it's worth it?
Around £100 mark depending on what ancillaries you'd want. Is it worth it depends on if you've got the time and ability to swap it. If you'd have to pay someone then as above just get a new car.