ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Swap Help Needed!

Slooooow Ass 1.2
Hi Guys,

Anyone know if it is a straight swap on an engine conversion. Currently has a 1.2 16v Dynamique engine in and I'm thinking of doing a 1.6 conversion.

Just wondered if it is a straight swap and what sort of things I would need. Wondered if the current loom would fit straight on or if i would need to source another.

Thanks for your help guys,
Luke

Slooooow Ass 1.2
Due to the area I live in i already have to bend over for the insurance and a 1.6 is pushing the top of what I am prepared to pay insurance wise.

I'm only just turning 21 and will have 2 years no claims in august so a 1.6 at the moment is something to get me by until later in life.

The 1.2 is just too damn sloooooow.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Ye straight fit in, maybe you will need different mount not 100% sure,

But as to the 1.2 running gear you might get away using them, as the 1.2 running gear works fine with a 2.0 drop in, you will need to change ecu/uch/keys/door locks/petrol cap/ignition barrel/decoder ring so it all works

Slooooow Ass 1.2
Thanks for the help mate much appreciated.

Gives me a better insight into what i need to do in order to look into it more.