ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine removal 172

Clio 172
hi all. I'm going to remove my 172 engine to tidy the bay and do a few changes like cup master cylinder, epas,cup alternator setup etc. Is there and easy way or any tips on removing. Does it have a multi plug to split the in car and engine loom or does the loom need to stay in the bay. Thanks

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
hi all. I'm going to remove my 172 engine to tidy the bay and do a few changes like cup master cylinder, epas,cup alternator setup etc. Is there and easy way or any tips on removing. Does it have a multi plug to split the in car and engine loom or does the loom need to stay in the bay. Thanks
The loom stays in the car. When I took mine out I unplugged all the sensors and laid the loom over the n/s headlight. After that it's a case of unbolting the exhaust manifold, coolant pipes off, driveshafts out (drain the gear oil first - saves a mess when you pop the n/s shaft out), unbolt the dog bone mount, gearbox and engine mount, then it's time to lift it all out in one. Keep the engine attached to the box as its nice and easy to get out - you just need to be a bit careful that's all.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
That's great. Looks a bit tight but I'm sure it will be ok once I strip some bits off. Thanks for the help
Once you've got the upper inlet off etc, you'll find there's loads of room tbf. I also took my alternator and brackets off before lifting it out just to gain even more space, but it's not totally necessary.

Clio 172
I'll be pulling the rads and bumper etc off so I think I should be ok. Wouldn't like to do the cup non abs setup with engine in place. I want to run the brake pipes inside the car. Look pretty tight back there

Sorry to hijack but I've got some of the Cup brake parts. Was going to do the same with mine before it caught fire. Have the MC and bias valve for sale, let me know if you're interested.