ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine problem

Clio Sport 182
Hi all,

After searching the forums and having a few different suggestions I thought I would start a new thread to see where I should start first.

I was driving my car and out of the blue the limp mode light came on and started revving on its own. It became undrivable so I pulled over and when I turned it off and back on it was ok. I then left it for half an hour and it started fine again so I drove home and the same problem happened this time the engine management light was on. I dont want to drive it and have been looking on the forums but I would like a starting point or has someone had exactly the same problem so I know what to do.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Renault Clio 182 BG
I suffered this for ages in my 172 cup.
I thought I had fixed it with with a throttle body (worked for about 6 month) it only used to come back after a long journey (say 4 hours or more) so it led to believe there was a wiring fault from the throttle pedal to the body and with prolonged running and heat it caused a sensor breakdown. Sorry that hasn't really solved your problem but hopefully point you in the right direction.
One thing you can possibly try is the in the engine fuse box there a big white multipin connector, these can become corroded and cause false readings, take the plug apart and spray some brake/throttle cleaner in to shift any muck.

clio 172
You checked your plugs ht leads and coil pack? Mine once went into limp mode due to me having squashed a lead between the engine and the inlet manifold. One moment fine the next boom.