ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine poped at 25mph :'(

Clio 172
As above really the bottom end of my 172 phase 2 has poped started tapping from bottom so I pulled over knocked engine off and waited bit thought right only 1 way find out turn it over and it just wen CLUNK!!! That was that now I'm not even gonna bother with rebuild just straight swap and I want to no best way of getting the big boy out of my tiny engine bay lol i need to change steering rack aswell so was wondering will it be easier to drop it complet with strus subframe on a dolly and lift car off it any advice would be really big help

SQ5
If you pay to be a member I made a full guide that is very simple to get the engine out.

Sounds like your Cambelt has snapped TBH.

Clio 172
Cheers guys and it not belt I done it 4 months ago and I can turn engine over manually on bottom pulley but after 1/2 turn it solid wont go no more

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Hi

220px-Benedykt_XVI_(2010-10-17)_4.jpg

Steering rack can be removed pretty easily once you've taken the engine out.

:)

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Cheers guys and it not belt I done it 4 months ago and I can turn engine over manually on bottom pulley but after 1/2 turn it solid wont go no more

Think we have found the problem right there :cry:

SQ5
With the horse shoe and crank pin, that's 2/3.

You still need the pulley locking tool which 99% of DIY jobs don't use and then results in a failure.

You need this and this manual to do it correctly
edarutep.jpg

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172

This sounds like the problem !

So many things you can get wrong on a belt change on a 1*2 !

Clio 172
I've got a week off next week gunna rip it apart then Pablo ill keep u all posted. And it not that bad oli managed to find and engine for £400 that's just had belt dephaser and water pump and I'm gonna go through it properly ill do all work my self save a load there

Clio 172
Started stripping car today and the wires are all to f**k they been cut and shut my mate has given me a 182 wiring loom any1 know if there's any difference please?