ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine out method...

MK2 PH1 Valver (50% done)
Hi folks, just purchased an e7j 634 to fix my 98 ph1, stripped some parts out yesterday, but on reading haynes book a bit further it says to remove engine we would need to drop out the subframe and associated parts around it, suspension etc, i really dont want to have to do this, i dont have the facilities tbh, has anyone else taken out an e7j from the top rather than the bottom? how did you find it...

s1 williams/106gti
bonnet off, driveshafts out the way, take it out the top
i have taken the gearbox off mine as well . . . . . . . also get yourself some sticky labels and label everything up before you go mad un-plugging everything . might be worth changing the cambelt over on the new engine as its out and anything else thats hard to get to such as water pump etc will save time later

i have taken the gearbox off mine as well . . . . . . . also get yourself some sticky labels and label everything up before you go mad un-plugging everything . might be worth changing the cambelt over on the new engine as its out and anything else thats hard to get to such as water pump etc will save time later

thanks for the replies so far, never done a clio before, only a 1.2 punto :dead:
Im only a novice tbh so far we got battery/ecu box out the way,pipes to right of air/water pipes to the right of engine and between ex batt box, air box etc, still havent tried the suggestions so far. havent had time to do anything tbh.. anyone got an e7j cutaway style pics. would help :)

The easiest and quickest way (IMO) to remove these engines is to bolt it to the subframe, unlpug everything, drop the subframe with engine to the ground and then lift the car over the engine.

I have seen mechanics doing this to a maxi car to change the belts and pumps. In the case of the maxi the engine is already bolted to the subframe by the mounts.

The easiest and quickest way (IMO) to remove these engines is to bolt it to the subframe, unlpug everything, drop the subframe with engine to the ground and then lift the car over the engine.

I have seen mechanics doing this to a maxi car to change the belts and pumps. In the case of the maxi the engine is already bolted to the subframe by the mounts.

thanks for the reply, if i could do this i would but i dont have a lift or anything. gotta be done on driveway with hoist

ITB'd MK1
thanks for the reply, if i could do this i would but i dont have a lift or anything. gotta be done on driveway with hoist

Ignore Stromba ;) he likes to disregard everyone's opinion and make out he's smart. He's banned from every clio forum many times over LOL