ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Mounts.

I've got the infamous knocking under acceleration again. All the mounts have been replaced baring the lower gearbox mount (the one that sits just under the gearbox and on the subframe). The dogbone mount is Polybushed. When I 1st fitted them all it cured the knocking but a month later it's come back again, surely it couldn't have worn one of the mounts out already?

I've got the engine pushed as far forward as possible and I've made sure everything is tight, including the spindle that comes up through the gearbox and battery tray yet it's still knocking. Anyone else have any other suggestions as it's completely baffling me.

Edit: I've also replaced the cat to manifold fitting kit as I know they're prone for making knocking noises when they're worn.