ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Mounts

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Got a bit of a play in my engine mounts and so I'm purchasing a powerflex kit for the dogbone mount, is it worth doing the other offside engine mount too? It was replaced at 26k and the car has just ticked over 40k now. The rubber on it isnt perished but I can physically rock the engine maybe a quarter of an inch by hand. Compared to my saxo which is running standard probably 90,000 mile mounts and you cant move it at all

ClioSport 172 Cup
I didn`t have to change mine on my 172 cup until around 85k. The engine movement in these cars is normal. If the rubber in the mounts is split then change them, if not keep them. I was going to upgrade to the ktec mounts, but its alot of money to reduce movement in an engine and a bit of a pointless exercise.

R60 CUP
I changed all my mounts on my 172 cup and i can honestly say it ws the best mod i have made! improves handeling improves engine pick up as the knock sensor cnt feel the engine moving, strangley enough improves grip as well, the only draw back is if you go for the ktech solid ones like i have for road use they are a bit harsh, cabin noise from the engine and vibrations are increased a lot lol

Inferno 182 & Saxo
I'm going to try to the poly urethane dog bone mount first I think and see if the others need doing afterwards.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I feel a knocking when I occassionally (unintentionally - I'm not a traffic light hero!) wheelspin. Which of the 3 mounts would it most likely be and is it not a big job to switch over? I'm dropping my car off for a belts change soon so would it be easy enough for me to supply and ask them to swap over if the offside mount? Polyyrethane ones recommended or only if I do them all at same time?

Ph2 Flamer
Excuse the dumb question but where is that particular mount located and am I correct in thinking it will be best viewed from under the car?

Monaco 172
Ive also just fitted the full ktec solid mount kit, i thought it was just me who thought handling was improved lol but i compltly agree the cabin does get abit rattly, im hopin the it will die down a little once worn in. But yes the dogbone mount is a doddle 2 change and it is easy enuff on ramps :)

Makes perfect sense that handling is improved with less engine movement. Glad you guys are finding that, might have to be my next task as I'm sure my clutch take-up is less precise recently, I'm on 70k now