ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine mounts - which ones

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Im having my car stage 3 turbo'd in the next week and need to upgrade my standard engine mounts.
What I need help with is picking some.
Ideally I dont want vibrations going through the car if at all possible.
Any suggestions?

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
My K-Tec/Vibro mounts don't vibrate at all, although other people say they're intolerable, if you're putting mad power through the car surely you want to stiffiest mounts you can get?

The only other aftermarket mounts i've seen are the Pure Motorsport ones, but they look like they'd be stiffer than the Vibro's.

4617EB55-6D9A-430B-A028-B2E5AD865CCC_zps29o1zjko.jpg

Last edited:

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
My K-Tec/Vibro mounts don't vibrate at all, although other people say they're intolerable, if you're putting mad power through the car surely you want to stiffiest mounts you can get?

The only other aftermarket mounts i've seen are the Pure Motorsport ones, but they look like they'd be stiffer than the Vibro's.

4617EB55-6D9A-430B-A028-B2E5AD865CCC_zps29o1zjko.jpg
I do love Pure motorsport parts..... have you got these mounts on your car Dave?

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
I've got the K-Tec/Vibro ones, they're spot on for me, no real vibration and zero engine movement.
Cool,
Just ordered the vibra ones - £236 - quite expensive but hoping they will be good.
Cheers Dave

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've got the K-Tec/Vibro ones, they're spot on for me, no real vibration and zero engine movement.
What dogbone mount have you got?

I've found that a new standard dogbone along with the vibra-thingy engine mounts is the ideal compromise.

Every 'uprated' dogbone mount I've had has caused nasty cabin vibration.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Mine's polybushed, but somehow i've managed to have no extra vibration at all, everything other than the wishbones is polybushed, although I would recommend leaving the arb standard, since that got polybushed i'm going through ball joints like f*ck!

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
What dogbone mount have you got?

I've found that a new standard dogbone along with the vibra-thingy engine mounts is the ideal compromise.

Every 'uprated' dogbone mount I've had has caused nasty cabin vibration.
Ive got the standard dogbone mount but have a powerflexed one in a box somewhere that I think is missing one of the 2 washers thats needed.
I think andy replaces the dogbone as part of the package....will have to check though.

RB Clio 182
Ive got the standard dogbone mount but have a powerflexed one in a box somewhere that I think is missing one of the 2 washers thats needed.
I think andy replaces the dogbone as part of the package....will have to check though.

It wasn't a part of the package when I had mine done mate.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
I dont think the dogbone is included actually. I do have one which I will get fitted.
@imprezaworks - was there 2 washers with your dogbone mount?

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
I have the pms kit fitted (that's my pic :smile: )
awesome kit :smile:
Nice duvet cover mate !:tonguewink:
million dollar question, answer honestly .. haha... what are the vibrations like especially when sat idling at traffic lights . does it shake as much as sitting on a washing machine.

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Thanks mate :) haha

Quite a lot haha I've just got it running and took it round the block but it's is harsh. Not sure if a go pro camera would focus lol And makes all the noises louder lol
Nothing I can't live with, mines still gunna be road legal as well lol

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Exactly those , yes. If you can wait second hand ones do pop up quite frequently on here and they dont perish quickly like other mounts. The brand new ones are anodised though so dont look rubbish after a few weeks.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Exactly those , yes. If you can wait second hand ones do pop up quite frequently on here and they dont perish quickly like other mounts. The brand new ones are anodised though so dont look rubbish after a few weeks.
Ok cool, will stick a wanted thread up.

My car is currently rocking with the engine, so I want one relatively soon though. September pay day is my cut off :p

Cheers Gus

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
@optical - have you fitted the mounts yet .

I will be doing mine in the next few days

View attachment 133483

Quoting this as you have the black KTR mount. Have you fitted this yet?

I have been offered:

"a set of solid engine mounts if your interested, both ktr mounts engine one is a the race mount that ktr sell it's red the gearbox one is just the uprated black one that ktr sell"

Does anyone have any experience of these? I get nervous when something is called a 'race' mount, as it may be a bit OTT for my needs. Thoughts?

@optical @Phase1sr