ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine mounts standard v ktec uprated

320d
As above realy. I'm having the mounts changed when the car goes in for belt changes. It currently sounds like a machine gun in 1st as the manifold knocks.

The car is only driven on road and won't be constantly ragged in 1st as I'm not into drag racing or anything, i'd just like to be able to accelerate in 1st without it banging.

So do I go for uprated or standard replacement, I just want the knocking gone.

Brett

Replacing the mounts with standard mounts would probably take the knocking your experiencing away but it'll come back eventually because the standard mounts don't last to long. I'm going for the k-tec mounts eventually but starting off with just powerflexing the dogbone mount for now.

How long do you think standard mounts will last? If I get 2 years i'd be happy.

Depends how you drive it I guess, I replaced my upper engine mount with a standard mount and it lasted a month lol Was a 2nd hand one though so it may have been on it's way out before it was ever on my car.

Think generally they last 10k miles from what I've read on here.

plus the cars on 96k so I have no idea if they were changed by the previous owner or not!

Guess it's down to how the car's driven, I do tend to drive mine hard at times but I've no idea if the car had any mounts replaced by the two previous owners. The upper engine mount I replaced was absolutely knackered though, the main bolt eventually snapped so my engine was just resting in the mount and not fixed down at all.

172 Cup
Mines a bloody machine gun in first, it's pretty embarassing/annoying.

I think I am going to get the ktec dogbone mounts, I have heard they make it a bit rough at idle.

Mines a bloody machine gun in first, it's pretty embarassing/annoying.

I think I am going to get the ktec dogbone mounts, I have heard they make it a bit rough at idle.

I got mine from Larkspeed via ebay, abit cheaper than k-tec. £35.90 delivered if I remember correctly.

I've driven an RS with all the mounts uprated to k-tec mounts and it didn't feel much different to my Cup on idle or driving yet some people find it unbearable.

RS RIP
How long do you think standard mounts will last? If I get 2 years i'd be happy.

Mine have been changed twice in 70K (OEM ones) , believe me, it transforms the drive in a very good way. When regularly hitting it hard, not talking boy-like stoplight racing but good old sporty driving, i think they will last around 25/ 30k . They may seem fine to some untill they had a taste of new ones all round. No enginemovent (or less anyway) makes a very much better drive

I thrash very hard ;) . Thinking of trying the K-tec ones next time round. Just worried about the stress on the rest of the drive-train parts when doing this

320d
I'm going to go for standard ones then. They will be done next week with the belts and a full service. Should be running spot on then.

Sunflower Yellow Ph1 172
just replaced my right hand side engine mount for the ktec uprated one, gearbox mount to be replaced by ktec one in a couple weeks when they have it back in stock. My engine mount was completly gone to the point of when i jacked the engine up to replace the current mount it had split in 2.

New ktec uprated mount now on and the exhaust knocking has completely gone, more vibration on idle but stops as soon as your moving. Car feels alot better now and will hopefully stay this way

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Mine's on 96k as well, 2/3rds of that done by me, mounts are all still standard and fine. But I've never had any knocking when accelerating etc.

I did try an uprated dog bone, it lasted about 50 miles before the buzzing when accelerating hard was too annoying andthe standard one went back on.

172 Cup
I got mine from Larkspeed via ebay, abit cheaper than k-tec. £35.90 delivered if I remember correctly.

I've driven an RS with all the mounts uprated to k-tec mounts and it didn't feel much different to my Cup on idle or driving yet some people find it unbearable.

Cheers for the info, will definately be going this route :)

Clio 197 F1
Does this affect just early Clio's as my 197 F1/R27 runs a K Tech exhaust system & after a very hard run the exhaust rattles & vibrates for a little while till it has cooled down???