ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine mount !

Clio 172 Flame Red
right , was driving yesterday and started getting alot of vibrtions from the engine and knocking when pulling off , i think it could be the engine mounts not sure which one not had a chance to have a proper look but engine looks to be sitting quite far back in the bay ??

RS RIP
tried moving the engine back and forth by grabbing the inletmanifold ? MAY be one of the top ones has broken if it cam upe all of a sudden ...

Clio 172 Flame Red
yea theres quite alot of play when moving back and forth !! is that the top mount ??

RS RIP
the one on the left you can see; the one on the right is under the battery.. SOME play is normal, say 2cm (1cm back, 1cm forth) by hand

There's also the dogbone underneath the car and all mounts wear quite easily/fast on these cars , but as yours seems to have come up suddenly i'm thinking one of the top ones because they are known to even snap (under battery especially)

Clio 172 Flame Red
hmmm i dont have time check all mounts atm but will get on it 2moz and check it out , bloody french Sh**Box !

Clio 172 Flame Red
just went out in it only seems to make horrible vibrations in foward gears not reverse ?? any help ?? maybe the driveshaft ?