ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine mount rubbers replaced instead of new mounts

02' PH1 172
Hey guys,

There is a mech that I meat that said he can get the rubbers for my mounts made up and replaced instead of buying new mounts from the dealers. Works out to be a hell of a lot cheaper.

Woud anyone of you guys do this or trust it? At the moment its just the top engine mount thats collapsed.

cheers

02' PH1 172
wow, whole day and not one response, must have been missed. Taking it in tomorrow so some feedback would be appreciated :)

Lionel Richie
how do you plan on replacing the rubber in the upper engine mount?

i know you're in SA, but even shipping one from the uk to there can't be that much? £100 tops delivered i would imagine

02' PH1 172
Well, the guy will be taking a mould from the old one and then making it up... sounds like it should work. Just trying to get it done for as little as possible, car has cost me a small fortune over the last few weeks, cambelt and major service, new key, tires, speedo sensor...