ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine mount query

Just picked the car up from the garage with a new engine mount fitted. one under the gearbox. seemed better at first but the clunking sound is still there. the guy from the garage said the mount had broken. it doesnt pop out of second anymore so i guess thats one good thing!

Would it be the top gearbox mount or something else?

only 2 other mounts. top cam cover side and the lateral mount at the rear of the engine.

But describe the clonking.

Clonks when i pull of from a standstill, coming to a stop (just before the car stops), sometimes when im steering. and thats about it.

Feels like the engine is moving when im holding the car on the clutch on a hill.

Changed the clutch about a week before this happened, what if we put the mount in a slightly different possition if you know what i mean.

you cant really.

Ive had experience with some wheel bearings that clonked like this in the early stages during braking and moving off.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

the only mount where the its position may possibly cause a noise would be the o/s engine mount.

your noise could be numerous things from a engine mounting to an exhaust mounting and even a driveshaft.hard to really help without hearing it.

Yeah cheers. Its Not a loud clunking and sounds as if its coming from the gearbox area.

Will pop back to the garage tomorrow and see what he recons. Doubt itll break but if it does at least ill know what it is.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

if there is excessive wear in the diff then this is possible but is really a worse case scenario.you might also feel that the drive take up is harsh.