ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine mount? 'pic' - is this knackered?

clio sport cup
172 on a X

Following from my post yesterday I had a look under the car last night. The clunking noise doesn't happen when the car is on stands (No resistence against the road i suspect causing the engine to move).

The top mount looks fine.. this is the gearbox one? Does it look right to you guys?

It looks a blit slopped back to me? I assume there are 3 mounts, to top, gearbox and the bar at the back of the engine that looks like O--o ?

Last edited:
mount looks fine, see if you can lever the box up, they split at the bottm and lead to the box jumping up and down.

i will harazrd a guess at clio with cup mod or megane

clio sport cup
yep.. soz edited the first post.
Im sure its a mount problem (or clutch) as it also has a little rattle on startup. I watched on startup last night and the (looking from front) the left side of the engine was quite still, but the right moved about 1 1/2 inches on startup back then forward.. prob about 3 inch total swing/rock.

Chris_H why do you think its a cup mod?

i thought it was the older clio or a megane as its not good enough to be a 19. The older clio used the 19 mount and bracket which that is on the clio cup racers. Commonly known as the cup mod.

clio sport cup
ahh ok.. so i guess it a case of taking the weight off the mount (car jack on engine and dropping the bolt out.. then replacing?

Also there are only three mounts is that correct?